Its very easy. This is one of the benefits of a synthetic wig. Its easy to wash and you really cannot make a mistake. When it’s been washed your wig will still maintain its style and look.
The best way to take care of your wig is to use the correct products. Shampoos and conditioners specifically designed to care for synthetic wigs are advised.
It is important to follow the correct steps.
6 Easy Steps –
- Prior to washing remove all knots and tangles.
- Fill a bowl or sink with tepid water and a little shampoo. Immerse the wig or hairpiece in the water and then rinse.
- Add fresh water and add conditioner to the water. Leave the wig or hairpiece to soak for 20 minutes. There is no need to rinse.
- Wrap in a towel to remove excess water and gently shake wig before placing on a wig stand or poly head.
- At this stage, whilst it is damp, lightly spray some fibre oil conditioner. This acts as an antistatic.
- Leave to dry naturally overnight on a wig stand. In the morning (or once dry) gently shake or brush your hairpiece or wig into your desired style. Do not brush your wig when it is wet.
We recommend you wash your wig after 7 – 10 wears but this can depend on environmental factors – were you in a smoky or dusty environment? If your wig smells a little different, you have perspired, or it feels a little coarse then its time to wash.
Soften ‘n’ Sheen Conditioner£7.00
Super Grip Wig Tape – Hair Development£9.95
Transparent Double Sided Wig Tape – VIP£6.50
Transparent Wig Tape – Large Roll£28.00
Wig Conditioner – Dimples£6.99
Wig Fibre Oil Conditioner – Dimples£7.99
Wig Gel Spray – Dimples£7.99
Wig Holding Spray – Trendco£7.00
Wig Maintenance Kit£24.95